Get Your Login Username and Password
Every employee gets a unique set of credentials to access Microsoft Outlook and other WVU systems.login.wvu.edu
Set Up Duo Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of account security, besides your username and password. You’ll be prompted to set up Duo when trying to log into most WVU systems. Download the free Duo Mobile app on your phone and follow the setup instructions on a computer. Don’t want to use your phone? You can purchase a Duo display token at any WVU Barnes & Noble bookstore, in-store or online.
After setting up Duo, we recommend generating backup codes to have in case you lose, forget or need to replace your phone or Duo token. You can generate 10 single-use codes. Store them in your wallet or another secure location, cross them out as you use them, and generate a new list when you’ve used all 10.Duo Setup Instructions Backup Code Instructions
Download Free and Discounted Software
You can download FREE Microsoft Office on up to five personal devices and Sophos anti-virus protection on up to three. Your work computer will already be equipped with this software. Employees have access to other reduced-cost software, so visit the Software Licensing Center before buying anywhere else.Free Microsoft Office Free Sophos Anti-Virus Software Licensing Center
All About Your Mountaineer ID Card
To get a Mountaineer ID Card, visit idphoto.wvu.edu and submit a picture that meets WVU’s requirements. If you work on the Morgantown campus, you can pick up your ID on the next business day after receiving an approval email. ITS Service Centers in the Mountainlair and in G-118 of Bennett Tower are open 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you work at the Health Sciences Center, you can have a photo taken onsite in Room G350. Please direct questions to HSC Facilities Management at 304-293-6924.
Learn more about your Mountaineer Card at wvucard.wvu.edu .mymountaineercard.wvu.edu Mountaineer Card Services
Connect to Campus Wi-Fi and Email
Select the WVU.Encrypted wireless network and enter your Login username and password to connect your mobile devices and computer to the internet. It’s available on all campuses. When traveling to other participating institutions, you can use the eduroam service to connect to their wireless internet.
Office 365 and Outlook email are available to all employees. Teaching faculty also get access to G Suite, including MIX (Gmail) and unlimited Google Drive storage.
Health Sciences employees should go to office365.hsc.wvu.edu to log in to their Office 365 account.Connect to WVU.Encrypted Learn about Outlook Learn about MIX
Access HR Information
Portal is the primary entry point for many services, including the systems used to request leave, log work hours, view HR information, purchase supplies, reconcile travel and PCard expenses, and more. Also be sure to check out Talent and Culture's new employee resources.portal.wvu.edu Talent and Culture's New Employee Resources
Get Technology Support
There are several ways to get support from ITS. The fastest is by calling the Service Desk at 304-293-4444. If you prefer finding your own answers to your questions, explore articles in the Knowledge Base. Rather submit a ticket? Use the Service Catalog to submit a request to the appropriate team. If you prefer in-person assistance, stop by an ITS Service Center location. They also handle Mountaineer ID card replacements.
ITS doesn’t provide computer repair services. Contact a private shop for your repair needs. If you’re a Health Sciences employee, contact the HSC IT Service Desk for help at 304-293-3631.Knowledge Base Service Catalog ITS Service Centers HSC IT Service Desk
Defend Your Data
If you receive a suspicious email, don’t click on any links! It could be a phishing scam. Forward it as an attachment to DefendYourData@mail.wvu.edu so the experts can investigate.defendyourdata.wvu.edu
Overview of Academic Tools for Faculty
- eCampus is WVU’s main learning management system, used to support online and lecture-based classes. SOLE is Health Sciences' learning management system.
- Digital Measures is the tool used to record professional accomplishments and activities, and track tenure eligibility.
- WVU Kuali Coeus (WVU+kc) is the research administration system used to submit sponsored research proposals and receive award notices.
- Banner is used for advising students, updating grades and reviewing applications. STAR is where students can view financial aid, pay tuition, register for classes and view class schedules. It's also where faculty can view class rosters, email students and enter grades.
- Navigate is the scheduling, advising and tutoring tool that integrates with Banner and gives advisors and instructors information that may help students stay in school, succeed and graduate.
- DegreeWorks gives students and advisors a visual checklist of courses and objectives required for graduation, including major requirements, major electives, capstone and General Education Foundations (GEF) requirements.
- SEI (Student Evaluation of Instruction) is a tool that gathers anonymous feedback from students.