- IT Security
INFORMATION SECURITY SERVICES
The ITS Information Security Services team ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the University’s IT resources and data, protecting them from intentional or unintentional compromise, misuse, loss or damage.
WHAT WE DO
- Application Security. Systems that will store University data and systems and will use WVU Login credentials are scanned to identify vulnerabilities before implementation.
- Network Vulnerability. All University-owned IT assets are scanned for patching and configuration vulnerabilities. We also send security advisories and alerts to college IT Directors as needed.
- Antivirus. All University-owned IT assets are scanned for viruses and malware.
- Sensitive Data. All University-owned IT assets are scanned to identify unsecured sensitive data.
- Security Awareness. We provide the WVU with information about security best practices through our Defend Your Data program.
- Security Governance. We develop IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance and provide guidance to the WVU community on information security mandates.
- Information Privacy.We ensure the privacy of the personal information of University students and employees.