Chartered in February 2013, Information Security Services ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the University’s IT resources and data, protecting them from intentional or unintentional compromise, misuse, loss or damage.
WHAT WE DO
- Application Security. Scan systems that will store University data and systems and will use WVU Login credentials to identify vulnerabilities before implementation.
- Network Vulnerability. Scan all University-owned IT assets to identify patching and configuration vulnerabilities. We also send security advisories and alerts to college IT Directors as needed.
- Antivirus. Scan all University-owned IT assets for viruses and malware.
- Sensitive Data. Scan all University-owned IT assets to identify unsecured sensitive data.
- Security Awareness. Provide University faculty, staff and students with information about information security best practices through our Defend Your Data program.
- Security Governance. Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance and provide guidance to the WVU community on information security mandates.
- Information Privacy. Ensure the privacy of the personal information of University students and employees.
Identity Management. Establish and maintain the official electronic
identities of University students, employees and affiliates and create the framework
of policies and technologies for ensuring that authorized individuals have appropriate
access to University technology resources.
Contact Service Desk
Service Desk Hours
10 a.m.– 10 p.m. Sunday
7:30 a.m.– 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday
10 a.m.– 8 p.m. Friday
10 a.m.– 5 p.m. Saturday
Closed on most WVU Holidays.