WHO WE ARE
Information Security Services ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the University’s information technology resources and data by safeguarding them from compromise, misuse, loss or damage caused either intentionally or unintentionally. This allows the University to continue its mission-critical operations of education, research, service and administration.
WHAT WE DO
- Application Security – systems which will store WVU data and systems which will use WVU Login credentials are scanned to identify application vulnerabilities
- Network Vulnerability – all WVU owned IT assets are scanned for patching and configuration vulnerabilities.
- Antivirus – all WVU owned IT assets are scanned for the presence of viruses and malware.
- Sensitive Data – all WVU owned IT assets are scanned to identify unsecured sensitive data
- Security Awareness – communications and materials are provided to the WVU community on information security best practices
- Security Governance – policies and procedures are developed to provide compliance and guidance to the WVU community on information security mandates
- Information Privacy – ensure the information privacy of WVU’s students and employees