More than a photo ID: It's your key to campus!
The official photo identification card of the University is known as the Mountaineer Card. Issued to students, faculty, staff and others, it provides access to WVU services, buildings and events. It also works as a debit card, so guard it as you would any bank-issued ATM card. You can add funds to your account and manage your Mountaineer Card at mymountaineercard.wvu.edu.
- Find out where to use WVU services and other locations with your card.
- Learn about Mobile ID, an app which functions as the Mountaineer Card at certain campus locations.
- What is Mountie Bounty and how to deposit money to it?
- Manage your account at MyMountaineerCard.
- Learn how to report a lost card.
- Have more questions? Check out the Mountaineer Card and MyMountaineerCard FAQs.
- Read the terms and conditions.
Taking Care of Your Card
Do not fold or staple the card. Do not expose it to magnets or microwaves. Do not punch holes in it or otherwise damage it. Damaged or punctured cards must be turned in to Mountaineer Card Services, and you will be charged a $30 replacement fee.
Departmental Copy and Print Cards
Information Technology Services advises WVU faculty and staff to use a separate departmental card for routine copying and printing needs instead of sharing Mountaineer Cards. Departmental cards are secure, convenient and in compliance with WVU's policies.