Instructions to activate Login account
Step 1. Go to login.wvu.edu. Enter your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and select your WVUID number. (If you do not know your WVU ID, see the instructions below.)
Step 2. Set up your security questions as prompted. The password requirements are nearly identical to ours, so you can use your current password or create a new one. Once that has been completed, the Trident application will push that password to your Active Directory account. From that point, you’ll start getting the password expiration notices from WVU’s system instead of notifications from our Active Directory Domain.
If you have questions or would like to see more options and tutorials, see the User Guide.
To find your WVUID number
Select "Forgot your WVUID?"
Under “Alternate WVUID Lookup”, enter your date of birth and select your social security number in the ID Type drop-down field.
Remote user (telecommuting)
You must complete the following steps:
- Log into your remote PC
- Establish a VPN connection to http://vpn.wvuhealthcare.com
- Go to https://login.wvu.edu from the browser on your PC
- Claim your account and enter your new password and complete the process.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and lock your PC
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again and log on to your PC using the new password you just created .
- The password should now be cached on your local PC for continued use.
When using portable devices such as Apple or Android smartphones to connect to the MobileIron system, you should temporarily place them in airplane mode or shut them off during password resets. You should change your password on the mobile devices once the account claiming process is complete.