Portal, MAP, eCampus, STAR and most other WVU services will be unavailable from 8 p.m. Friday, May 22 through noon on Sunday, May 24 while electrical equipment is replaced in the One Waterfront Place Data Center. During this time, faculty, staff and students also will be unable to log into any system requiring WVU Login credentials and Duo two-factor authentication. Passwords cannot be changed, and Duo bypass codes cannot be generated at login.wvu.edu.
Ordinarily, servers in the Data Center are powered by backup generator when equipment is upgraded. However, to replace nearly 20-year-old electrical distribution and emergency control equipment, the Data Center must be fully powered down. Information Technology Services recognizes there is never a good time to disrupt services and access, but this work must be completed to ensure the long-term stability and continuity of WVU operations. The dates were approved by the University’s senior leaders as those likely to disrupt the smallest number of faculty, staff and students.
The University recommends that students and employees prepare for this Memorial Day weekend outage by logging into frequently used systems earlier in the week and getting ahead on routine tasks such as timecard or purchase approvals. Please note that both WVU and HSC Listservs will be offline during this outage, so groups relying on that service should expect delayed delivery or send time-sensitive messages before Friday evening. The outage should not otherwise affect services at the Health Sciences Center, such as SOLE, HSView, VPN and Office 365.
Below are services that will remain available and some of the many applications that will be offline.
- Office 365 (Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, Calendar, SharePoint Online)
- Wired and wireless networks on all campuses
- Voice over IP desktop phones on campus
- Wall clocks for time punches, which will be uploaded post-outage
- Call Center Manager for Informational Technology Services and Shared Services. (Recording won’t be available.)
INACCESSIBLE (not all-inclusive):
- CS Gold and related services, including mymountaineercard.wvu.edu, Mountie Bounty, meal plans and Mobile ID
- eCampus and related tools, including ERS
- eSEI (Blue)
- EZ Proxy database
- Managed Printing
- MAP and MAP-related systems such as Leave Request, MyTime, Web Clock and MyReports
- MIX email (GMAIL), including Google Drive and Hangouts
- Network printing (ITS-supported units, Athletics, UPD, Extension, Suncrest Executive Building, NRCCE, Chestnut Ridge Research Building, College of Law, Davis College, Chambers College, CPASS, Creative Arts)
- Portal, including Mountaineer Marketplace, MyExpenses and WVUHire
- Shared Network Drives (J, S and N)
- STAR and STAR-related systems, such as DegreeWorks, Banner Document Manager, Argos, Banner job scheduler (JAMS) and Banner Workflow
- WVU+kc (Kuali)
Please direct any questions to the ITS Service Desk at 304-293-4444 or ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.