Employees who personally witness student behavior they believe violates the Campus Student Code are encouraged to report that activity, including possible misuse of a Mountaineer ID Card to access WVU services and/or physical locations.
If you believe a student is trying to use a Mountaineer Card that doesn’t belong to them, please take the following steps:
- Deny the student access to the WVU service they are attempting to use.
- Take a picture of the front of the Mountaineer Card. Do not confiscate the card.
- Try to gather some context and details. Ask the student why they are trying to use a card that isn’t theirs, collecting their name and student ID number if possible.
- Go to studentconduct.wvu.edu/submit-a-complaint and select “Submit a Complaint.”
- Enter all required information and submit the report to the Office of Student Conduct, which will review the form and investigate.
A Mountaineer Card is more than a photo ID. Seizing the card means a student cannot ride the PRT, eat at dining halls, attend athletic events, use library resources, visit the Student Recreation Center, unlock residence hall doors, access Mountain Line transit and participate in WVU’s Mobile ID classroom attendance program.
By documenting the suspected violations you witness, you are fostering a campus community that protects the health, welfare, safety, property, and rights of all members of our community. Have questions? Contact the Office of Student Conduct at WVUStudentConduct@mail.wvu.edu.