Mountaineer Card-related services, including the MyMountaineerCard website, will be unavailable from 12:01 a.m. Sunday, March 10 until 5 p.m. Thursday, March 14 while we do important work on the underlying system. You won’t be able to purchase or change meal plans, make Mountie Bounty deposits, or check balances until the work is finished. Door lock administrators won’t be able to make access changes during this window.
Also during this time:
- Participating locations on and off campus, including vending machines, won’t accept Mountie Bounty.
- On-campus laundry machines won’t function.
- Duress buttons won’t work. If there is an emergency, contact University Police directly (304-293-2677).
- Pharmacy and Radiation Alarms will work through a backup system; alerts will be sent to University Police.
- ID cards cannot be produced.
- Classroom Attendance Monitor and Mobile ID won’t function.
This extended outage is part of an initiative to move some older systems from onsite hardware at Lyon Tower to a more stable cloud environment. This migration will reduce hardware costs and improve the overall efficiency of several systems. We apologize for any inconvenience this extended outage may create.
We appreciate your patience with this work. For the fastest updates, follow @WVUITServices or “like” WVU Information Technology on Facebook. Please direct any questions to ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.