Spring 2016 course shells are available in eCampus as of Monday,Nov. 16, with several changes that benefit faculty. Default templates will NOT be automatically applied to course shells, and faculty will no longer need to submit content through the eCampus Request System (eRS).
There are now three ways to set up course content:
1. Import the default course template that will provide a basic menu structure. This can now been done by instructors or course builders. Detailed instructions are available at: Importing the Default Course Template as a Package.
2. Copy content from a prior course or current course that already contains content. This can now been done by instructors or course builders. Detailed instructions are available at: Copying Content.
3. Import content from a course package (from a downloaded course copy file). Detailed instructions are available at:Exporting and Importing Course Packages.
This information can also be found under the “Resources” tab at the top of the eCampus page after logging in.
Faculty should continue to use the eRS system, ers.wvu.edu, for:
- Requesting content from a different instructor's course. The instructor or department chair who owns the content will need to send approval by email to eCampus for you to use their course content. The eRS request will not be completed until we receive the approval.
- Requesting a new Development Shell
- Requesting a new Collaborate Session
- Enrolling a TA in your course
- Enrolling a student making up an incomplete as an Auditor in your course