Skip to main content

IT News

Many apps, services will be unavailable 6-10 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 4

Many applications and services that require the use of Login credentials (formerly MyID) will be unavailable between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 4 while Information Technology Services conducts important maintenance. Throughout that window, the following will be unavailable:

From 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. the same day, the following will also be unavailable:

Read Full Article

New manager in charge of Printing Services at Mountainlair location

Printing Services Manager Christine Davis is temporarily handling requests at the Mountainlair location of WVU Printing and Copier Services. For requests, cost estimates and additional information, please contact her at or call
(304) 293-2040. Users may also contact

Please note the name change: WVU Printing and Copier Services is the official University provider of stationery and a wide array of printing, binding and copying services. The unit had been called Digital Document and Copier Services, but the name change more accurately reflects the services it provides.

Read Full Article

ITS walk-up support station in Mountainlair will continue through February

Since the first week of fall classes, the ITS Connect walk-up support station at the Mountainlair has handled more than 237 requests for help, so ITS will extend the project until at least February. The hours will be 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

When asked, “How did we do?” after being served, all responses were positive, with 98 percent of customers choosing the most favorable response (5 of 5), while the other 2 percent chose the second-most favorable (4 of 5).

Read Full Article

New online order form makes software orders more convenient

To improve customer service and ensure compliance with credit card regulations, the Software Licensing Information Center (SLIC) now has an online order form at This replaces the less convenient, paper-based process for ordering software.

The form will guide users through the ordering process. Each software title links back to the SLIC website, so the information needed to complete the order is always at your fingertips.

Read Full Article

Faculty: Submit grades in seconds with new GradeSync tool in eCampus

Faculty no longer need to hand-key grades into STAR, thanks to a new eCampus feature called GradeSync. Instructors are invited to join an ongoing pilot of the tool for fall mid-term grading.

GradeSync lets instructors transmit grades to STAR with a few simple clicks, using your own grade book and grading methods. You retain the flexibility to override a grade in the grade book if you grade on a curve, a student is at a borderline grade, etc.

Read Full Article

Login screen for Office 365 will look different starting Sept. 20

WVU faculty, staff and students who use Office 365, including the Outlook email web application, will notice a different login screen starting Sunday, Sept. 20. To improve consistency across applications, users will now see the same single sign-on page that is used for many other WVU applications, rather than the Microsoft page they are used to.

The login will work the same way and with the same MyID/Login credentials. Only the appearance of the page is changing.

Read Full Article

Traveling students, employees can use eduroam for Wi-Fi at partner schools

WVU faculty, staff and students can instantly connect to the Wi-Fi networks when visiting some 360 universities worldwide through eduroam, a secure roaming access service.

With hundreds of thousands of wireless access points, eduroam acts as one large, worldwide, wireless hotspot. Users can travel to and from academic institutions and connect with minimal difficulty, without having to request access individually. This benefits visiting researchers, employees traveling for conferences and collaborative work, study-abroad students, visitors attending NCAA activities, and even regional academic exchange.

Read Full Article

WVU researchers can now get high-speed Internet service through REX

West Virginia University researchers now have access to high-speed, high-volume Internet connections that offer faster, easier and more reliable transfer of data. To request access to the new WVU Research Exchange (REX), researchers should open a new ticket at, select “Request Science DMZ Access” in the Help Topic box, complete the required fields, then click on Create Ticket.

REX is a Science DMZ, or demilitarized zone, which is a dedicated “express lane” network for research data traffic within the University’s larger network. It is funded through a nearly $487,000 cyber infrastructure grant that WVU Research Corp. won last year from the National Science Foundation.

Read Full Article