WHO WE ARE
The Service Desk provides first-level support to faculty, staff, students and other University help desks to investigate, resolve and prevent problems with ITS-supported systems and applications. We employ both full-time customer service staff and trained student workers.
SERVICE DESK HOURS
Monday to Thursday 7:30 a.m. to midnight
Fridays 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sundays 10 a.m. to midnight
The Service Desk is closed on University holidays and during emergency closures. We have reduced operating hours during University breaks and the summer. Self-service is available around the clock at it.wvu.edu/help, providing immediate answers to your questions and the ability to submit a request for assistance.
WHAT WE DO
We provide general computing advice and assistance with a variety of University systems and services, including those listed below. In some cases, we refer customers to other IT support units for resolution.
- WVU Portal
- Office 365/Outlook
- Gmail (MIX email)
- Microsoft Office applications
- MyAccess applications
- STAR web and parent guest portal
- Master Apps (Citrix)
- University resources
- Resetting/unlocking disabled accounts
- Requests for networking and LAN services
- Requests for telecommunication services
- Telephone directory listings
- TID request (long distance calling cards)
- New or assigned telephone numbers
- New telephone equipment/installations
- Requests for hardware repair
- Request for repair to computer hardware
- Request for repair to printer hardware
- Requests for software licensing