Lab assistants are here to assist you in using the lab. They can be found at the front of the computer lab (Evansdale Library) or near the security desk (Brooke Tower).
- You must have an active WVU Login to use the computer lab facilities.
- You are responsible for observing all copyright and licensing laws.
- Be considerate of your neighbors.
- Do not bring food or drink to the lab.
- Dispose of your own trash and pack out any items you brought with you.
- Place cell phones in quiet or vibrate mode.
- Keep conversations quiet.
- Take cell conversations outside.
- Return your keyboard and mouse to their normal position and push in your chair when leaving the lab.
- Alcohol, tobacco or other drugs are not permitted in the labs. Anyone suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave and may lose their lab privileges.
- Do not leave your personal belongings unattended. It is your responsibility to keep your property safe and secure.
- Items left behind in the lab are stored for a short period of time in the G18 Copy Center (Evansdale Library) or at the security desk (Brooke Tower). Labs assistant can help locate lost items.
- Peripherals such as digital cameras, jump drives, and other USB devices may be connected to your lab computer.
- Headphones may be connected to lab computer, but keep the volume at an appropriate level.
- Students are encouraged to save their files frequently to help prevent loss of work.
- Do not install software or fonts on any lab computer.
- Do not modify, delete files, or in any way tamper with the operation of the computers.
- Do not connect your personal laptop to the lab network.
- Do not use the lab PC hard drives for permanent storage. The hard drives are regularly purged.
- Lab printers use the campus-wide MyPrinting system. Ask a lab assistant for help if you are unfamiliar with its operation.
- Do not interfere with the operation of any lab printer by removing pages while the printer is processing or expelling finished documents.
- Do not access the printer control consoles. If an error occurs, please contact a lab assistant.
- Special paper (letterhead, colored, etc.) cannot be used in the labs. The Service Centers at Evansdale Library (G18) and the Mountainlair (left of the Post Office) provide this service.
Computer Repair and Assistance
8:15 – 4:45
Except Holidays and University Closing Days